Promises.

I'm a person who takes promises seriously, that I will always keep the promises I made to people, because I really don't like it when people break promises.
I used to be extremely mindful of people who break their promises to me. I would be extremely angry and sad at the same time, perhaps that was disappointment. 

However, as I grow up and experience more things in life, I became not that mindful about people breaking their promises anymore. Perhaps it's because many people have broken or forgotten their promises to me, and I realised that promises have become a little bit meaningless.
 Don't make promises when you're happy; Don't make decisions when you're angry. 
Nowadays when someone make a promise to me, I would just listen, smile and nod. I would not have high expectations as I did in the past anymore, because the feeling is like falling from the cliff of a mountain when someone breaks the promise. 

My mindset is this now: If that person really cares, he/she will fulfill the promise.
Promises should be sacred, it should be precious, and it should not be taken for granted. It used to mean so much to me when someone and I made promises together. 

Maybe one day my faith in promises will be restored, or maybe not, who knows right? 

There's no specific reason for writing this post. I was having insomnia and was having random thoughts running through my mind, and coincidentally this issue popped out, so yeah.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

New life..

I'm rewarded..