GMC pri 5 & 6 retreat and....

During the period 21/9 to 23/9, I went to help in our church's primary 5 and 6 retreat.. That's the reason why I was absent for our band's Mr. Nonami's Music Camp.. On Monday morning, I reached my church at around 9:40am, only Joshua and Li Fung(both were helpers) were there at that time.. Soon, Dalton came too.. At around 10:00am, the campers started to come, mommy(auntie Vivien) wasn't there at that time, so we, the helpers started the registration ourselves.. Li Fung and Joshua were in charged with the registration stuff, guessed they gained some experience haha!!

*registration time*

Soon, mommy and Elizabeth came, mommy still got something yet to buy so I accompanied her to go to buy things in Boulevard Shopping Centre.. Along the way we chatted a while..

Our one conversation that I remembered..
Mommy:" Larry, I thought you got band activities for these 3 days?"
Larry: " Yeah, but nevermind lah, I don't want to go there, I come here.. By the way, how did you know that?"
Mommy: " Oh I see, Adriel told me one.. He said that how can you come to help in this retreat since band got activity.."
Larry: " Oh, so what did you said?"
Mommy: "I told him that life is about making choices, Larry can choose whether to go to band or to come help in retreat.."
We then continued to chat about many many other things.. Discussed something too..

When we reached Boulevard, we went to Super Save and bought some sellotapes.. Then we went to Union to buy some water colours and ropes.. After that we went to the supermarket to buy the food ingredients that we are going to feed the children and ourselves for these 3 days.. We bought some potatoes(for mashed potato), onions, milo, butter, milk, minced beef and many many other things.. Then we went to Ng Sian Hap to buy sushi mat and mushrooms.. All I could see when we were paying for all these things was that mommy's credit card kept on sweeping here and there lolx... Finally, we went to GK to buy some ice, then we went back to church.. And guess what? it was lunch time! All of us were super duper hungry.. Mommy then took out the noodles, eggs, minced beef, hot dogs, and some vegetables out.. We took turn to fry the noodles haha..

Dalton, frying the noodles..
my turn!!

After finished frying the noodles and prepared the lunch, we divided the noodles into few bowls.. But at last, the noodles were only enough for the children, and we helpers didn't have anything to eat LOL!! Then we asked the children:" who thinks that he or she can't finish the noodles in your bowl please tell us!! and gave us haha!!" After that, we got some noodles donations from some of the children haha.. we divided it among 6 of our helpers, although not much, but we still ate it because too hungry!!=_=

Then we started with some ice breakers.. Then everyone were to sit in their own group to get know of each other.. I was in the Persistence group, leading it together with Dalton.. We had a great time together of knowing each other haha.. Gave nicknames to some of our members like Shirley-> curry, Ashley->Lily and Jian Cheng-> katak cause he looked like katak haha, with big eyes and wearing green shirt!!

At around 5:30pm, we helpers started to prepare the dinner.. We prepared pasta and mashed potato for the dinner..To make the sauce that is to mix with the pasta, I was ordered to cut the onions..
I was so touched when I was cutting the onions T_T, you guys know what I mean right? Pasta was easy to prepare, but for the mashed potato, it really takes time to prepare it for 17 children plus 6 of our helpers.. We sliced away the potato skin, cut it into small pieces, boiled them, then we need to mash it ourselves with forks because we did not have the machine to mash it!! Dalton, Elizabeth, Allison and I were mashing the potatoes, until our hands palm so red.. After a while, Ronald and Shirley(curry) came too, we asked them to help us to mash the potatoes haha.. This makes the job easier.. We took about 2 hours to prepare the dinner.. After mashing all the potatoes, I licked the remaining mashed potatoes in the tray something due to my hungriness LOL..
see? =)

We, helpers were asked to fry 25 eggs before the children wake up in the morning.. So Joshua, Li Fung and me woke up at 3:00am to fry the eggs.. But where was Dalton? of course was still sleeping like a pig and cannot wake up lar!! *jeez!* I fried the first egg, but failed, it became..shapeless? So I ate it myself lor.. xD.. The rest were fried by Joshua and Li Fung, but most of it were fried by Joshua, guessed his frying eggs skill improved a lot huh!! Then we went back to sleep..
Joshua frying eggs
took some photos in the kitchen too lol.. *from left: me, Joshua, Li Fung*
me and Joshua xD
Li Fung and Joshua~~ sweet huh xD

Second day, we had BBQ as our dinner and we played Communist Church Game in the midnight..
me and Yung Heng enjoying our corns while we were catching the children haha!!

More!!
Went to cut my hair today at Louis Saloon haha.. Hot feeling gone~~ woohoo!!
waiting for my hairdresser to come to cut my hair..^^
done!!

That's all for now.. May God bless you all, my readers!! =)
~Adios~

Comments

shirley said…
stop calling me curry==
Larry said…
tommy-yea of course!

shirley-wait until i think another nick for u haha!
Erika said…
larry..u missed wat happened to the percussionists with nonami during camp...first time ever eh...
Larry said…
lolx what happen, erika?
Eldora said…
吃jagung的那一张
看得出你真的很饿XD
James said…
life's indeed about making choices. and u've made the right choice.. =) hello coffee!
Erika said…
u ask the percussionists lo..

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

New life..

I'm rewarded..