Go Fast or Go Far?

There’s a saying, “If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together.”
Most people knew that I bought a car with my own money, and will be paying the monthly installments by myself. Being able to buy my first car was the first big milestone in my life. There were many reasons that led to this day, but the main root was that I could not stand being poor anymore. I’m not saying that I’m from a poor family, and I didn’t say I was born in the purple as well, but that I myself, my own bank account was nearly empty, and it was always like that.
 Some people asked, “Don’t your parents give your pocket money?” 
They did, but not monthly, probably once in every three months when I really had no money til I had to ask from them. Of course, they gave willingly. I don’t know about you, but the older I am, it becomes very hard to ask money from my parents, there’s a sense of guilt. Yes, it is their responsibility to provide me, but my parents have retired, I feel quite bad knowing that they still have to bear my expensive tuition fees in their retirements.
 The Summary 
So I decided to make money, but how? There was this time when I could not sleep well for days, thinking of how I could make money while being a student. I started off by being a merchant, I bought hairsprays, powerbank, printer ink, and weighing scales at a lower price and sold them at a higher price, with a net profit of at least RM5 for each item I sold. During the long holidays, I worked as a Grab driver. Gradually, I saved some money, and bought a car. This is the summary.
Nearly two months have passed since I bought my car, I experienced many things. Having a commitment to bear is definitely something new to me. I had to bear with the stress thinking if I would be able to make enough money to pay for the car’s monthly installment and my living expenses. A few days after I bought my car, I told my dad not to give me pocket money anymore, that I would like to earn my own living expenses.
Thus, I have to manage my time between my business, studies, clinical life, and my spiritual life. It’s a whole new level of stress that could not be understood by everyone. There were days when I felt extremely exhausted, not only physically, but mentally as well. I felt lonely, I knew that my pace is slightly faster than the people around me, but there are actually many people out there who are of my age are already way ahead of me, so what’s my excuse?
 If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go together. 
Is the above statement correct? Well it seems to be true that sometimes I would feel very lonely when I’m moving at a pace slightly faster than my university friends. So, can I go far since I can’t find a friend who is of the same pace as mine in my university? Yes! Because I’m really blessed to be surrounded by many people who love and support me in everything I do, you all know who you are and I just want to say thank you to all of you. The moral and mental support are just overwhelming 💕🥺🙏🏻
My perception is that it’s fine to be alone in doing what you do as long as there are people who would always be there to back you up and support you.

2018 is coming to an end, I’m thankful that God’s grace is indeed sufficient for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

I'm rewarded..

What a day?