Selflessness

I would write down many new year resolutions in the past years until this year, I only have one resolution - to be more selfless to others without intentions, which I've mentioned in one of my previous posts. 

I realised that I've been setting too many "materialistic" targets in the past, e.g. To come fitter blablah💁🏻‍♂️ As my relationship with God has been getting more and more intimate recently, I realised that I should start bettering my character, to instill the good personalities that I lack.
Honestly, to my understanding of myself, I'm a person with lots of personalities - cheerful, serious, determined, playful, emotional(in a good way), friendly, hardworking, lazy, and a lot more which I don't see the need to list them out😂 These personalities have become my nature, but being selfless isn't a nature of mine, thus I'm going to do my best to instill this personality in me this year.
What is selflessness? It is placing others' importance above mine without neglecting myself as much as possible. It is to give without remembering, and to receive without forgetting. I have to learn to embrace the joy of giving a little more and to love a little more. If I could be there for anyone so that they would feel better, then let me be there for him/her.
For example, Joshua. He was appointed to pump petrol for our church van 2 weeks ago. As the van is a manual gear vehicle and he isn't familiar with driving manual cars, he asked if I could accompany him, so I did. 

I'm very familiar with driving manual cars because I always drive my mom's manual car while I'm back home. 
So I accompanied him and he drove all the way to Sungai Petani as our church van has a particular Caltex petrol station to pump petrol at because our church will be able to claim the petrol fees from the station.
On the way back, we stopped at a traffic light on a slope and that was where the challenge came as it is kinda technical to operate a manual car on a slope especially after that car has stopped moving. To make the car move again without dying the engine is the technical part. I told him what to do and the traffic light went green and he tried to move the van but the engine kept dying until we had to turn on the double signal lights 😜
Cars were honking behind but I told him not to worry and it's totally okay and normal for such situation to occur. The traffic light turned red again and I explained to him what he had to do and asked him to try to move the car forward slightly which he did and made it. Then I asked him to do the same when the light turns green. The light turned green again and he did everything in an orderly manner and yay - the engine didn't die and the van moved forward successfully 😂
Maybe that's nothing much for him but I felt grateful to be able to be beside him on that day. It actually feels good when you know that you are able to be there for someone :)
To be selfless is to be that person who "pays attention". Maybe someday, someone will do the same to you, or to me too HAHAHA jokes🌚 But if that person who pays attention to you really appears in your life, be grateful for that, because not everyone pays attention to you :) 

Be blessed by blessing others ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

I'm rewarded..

What a day?