Beyond blessed

It was the end of a two weeks holiday for all the dental and medicine students in my university on last Sunday, so many of my friends came back from their hometowns. At noon, I received a text from my churchmate, Mandy. She asked if I was free at the time because she bought Sarawak kolok mee for me. I was surprised and happy at the same time but I was out of campus at that moment, so I told her that I would take it from her when I get back in an hour.
This was the kolok mee she bought for me 😍
When I got back to my hostel, I was tired. I ate the kolok mee and went to have a nap. While napping my phone rang, it was Lowell (my batchmate, my badminton partner, and my brothaaa). I picked up.

Me, "hello." in an exhausted tone.
Lowell, "where are you now ah?"
Me, "on my bed😒" (but he couldn't see my facial expression😂)
Lowell, "can you open the door?"
Me, "o.." and I hung up.
Feeling a little grumpy because I was tired and my nap was disturbed, I went to open the door. When I opened the door, he raised his hand with a bag of gifts for me.
I was stunned, and my heart melted, "AWWW thank youuuu💕💕." Inside were two packets of kolok mee, some rambutans and the black seed thingy(it's a fruit that some Sarawakians eat regularly). He smiled at me and said "you're welcome" and left. I felt so touched and so bad at the same time because I was a little grumpy while I was walking towards the door, which, in the end turned my mood upside down😂 I continued my nap after that btw😜
Waking up from my wonderful nap, I got up and started studying as my first continuous assessment is coming up. While studying, I received a text from my churchmate junior, Daniel.

Daniel, "You're in your hostel? I wanna give you kampua(Sarawak famous noodle)."

I was stunned again, he remembered that I randomly told him to buy kampua back before he went back to his hometown(which is also my hometown), but I was just simply saying and never expected him to really help me to buy.
I told him, "yeah I'm in my room." and I asked him how much it was because I wanted to pay him.

He replied, "free."

I was like, wow okay and a little 不好意思 at the same time. I was thinking maybe he was just gonna pass me one small packet of it. After a few seconds he entered my room and handed over 2 BIG PACKETS which contained 5 small packets in each packet to me. At that moment I was utterly shocked and went out of words, I kept saying "Thank you" to him and he left so quickly after that.
I sat down on my chair, texted Daniel and thanked him again and told him that I really appreciate it, and I put down my phone.

That moment, I guess my tears receptors were triggered, thinking, what have I done to deserve all these blessings from so many people around me? I was touched, tears filled my eyes, I thanked God for everything I have, my heart was full. I was so overwhelmed til I've been thinking about all these undeserved blessings for the next few hours and didn't study at all 😭😂
Not only all the above, within the next few hours, another churchmate junior, 万祈, texted me. She told me she that she actually bought kampua for me too, I told her that I've received a lot of kampua's already and told her to share it with some other people who miss home too. I also told her that I really appreciate that I was in her thoughts ☺️
Soon after, another brother in Christ of mine who did not want his name to be mentioned, texted me and asked if I wanted to eat durian but he only had one seed for me. I hesitated because I was sick but he kept manipulating me, "ARE YOU SUREEEE", "ONE LAST CHANCEEEE" etc. and I finally said "FINE WHERE ARE YOU" because I couldn't resist the temptation HAHAHA because I've been craving for durians for a very very long time.
All these blessings reminds me of how much God loves me and I would also like to share the love to the people around me. After all, I'm EVERYTHING in Jesus and nothing in myself.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." - Lamentations 3:22-23
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." - John 13:34-35

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

I'm rewarded..

What a day?