Towards Being a Dentist

Hello guys! FYI, I am finally and officially a dental student now after all the crazy rides I went through. 

Just an intro about the course I'm taking. The name of the course is Bachelor of Dental Surgery a.k.a. BDS The course duration is 5 years and I'm taking the course in Aimst University in Kedah. Yes, upon completion of the course I will be called a dentist legally and officially :P 

The course started in late August which was around 3 months ago. I came here alone with my friends from Miri who are studying in the same university as I am, settled the registration and moved into the hostel and blabla~

After that, it was the orientation programme, which all of us, including the new students and seniors looked forward to as y'all know, you'll only be able to be 'new students' for once or twice(if foundation programme's orientation is included) in your uni life. 

me, after the orientation programme ended

The entire orientation programme was very very amazing, from our year 2 seniors bullying us in the beginning until the orientation's disgusting yet fun games. Honestly, I enjoyed every single one of the part of it, because what's the point of not taking part in your school activities and just being a loner? Come on, we will only have one uni life, so enjoy and make the most out of it! 


some of my batchmates

Besides, our university's dental student association organized an annual Mid-Autumn festival food fair where our batch(year 1) were involved in 'music'. Yep, sounds tough as it is to make profit out of it which in fact, we didn't make any profit HAHAHA. However, it was our first activity together as a batch after the orientation programme and I believe we got to know more about each other through this event. We even lighted 孔明灯together on the university's running track having our wishes written on it, sounds so sweet right hahaha. 



Furthermore, we were also required to represent our faculty(Faculty of Dentistry) to take part in the marching competition. It was an inter-faculty competition and I was involved in it too as all the boys in year 1 must take part in it. At first, I felt that it was very lame to kawad (march). However as time goes by, I felt that it was actually a very good opportunity for me to know more of my batchmates. Plus the spirit of unity could also be implanted among us through the practices we attended. We practised together and put in effort to do our best to keep our faculty's winning streak and guess what, we did it! We represented our faculty and helped the faculty to earn the 3rd win in a row! It was a blast taking part in the marching activity.


In addition, I also started to serve God in the church where I attend in Sungai Petani in Kedah. I joined the choir and the praise and worship team which means a lot to me. This is because, as some of you know that I used to play drums, a lot. However, as I further my studies after secondary school, I seldom drum again but my drumming passion has always been there, even until now and I play on my drumming pad sometimes too. Even though I didn't pursue my earlier dream to join DCI(Drum Corps International), I believe God gave me a pair of drumming hands for other purposes too, that is, using them to serve Him. I've always wanted to serve in the church as a drummer even in Miri but I didn't take much action about it. So now, being able to serve God as His drummer is really meaningful to me - doing what I love for the One who loves me.

For now, I'm preparing for my first Continuous Assessment (exam) which I'll be sitting in this coming week and yeap I'm still here blogging around hahaha. Well, every one needs to take breaks right? Being a dental/medical field student is tough, but I know nothing good comes easy, and as long as I have God in my life, I know I can achieve anything! :]

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Thanks for reading, and count your blessings.
Til I write again.

Comments

Hanim said…
Woots! All the best Larry :)
Unknown said…
All the best, Larry!! Hope to see you in no time!!
Larry said…
thanks Hanim and Lik Hui! Hope to see you all soon! :]
Larry said…
Thanks Clement! you too!

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

New life..

I'm rewarded..