Another experience

Hi readers, I performed in the M3 concert last night, or so called 'Musicians made in Miri' Concert, it was organized by Lu Zhou(绿洲). The musicians there were greatly skilled, most of the performers were students who are studying music courses in university and some have already graduated too. It was a great experience for me, thanks to Terrence who invited me to join him in his performance.

my solo

We had 2 days of rehearsals at GCM Miri. I dropped my sticks during the both days' rehearsal. The concert committees discussed about me in their meetings after the rehearsals, worrying me that I may be the one who spoil the entire concert, and suggested that it's better if I play save and don't play stick tricks if I couldn't do it.

still my solo

Knowing that none of them trusted my skills, my confidence was tremendously drained, I was very down, I practiced very hard until the late night, then from morning until the concert started. I was doing very well during my practices, but my mind kept thinking of them, who made me felt despised.
the ending of my solo

Everything went well until when it was our turn to perform, I was really lack of confidence, I prayed hard. I couldn't smile when I was performing, the pressure was big. When it was my turn to solo, I played, when the stick tricks and juggling parts came, I did some tricks, then I didn't have the confidence to continue to do it, I stopped doing those stick tricks and changed my solo on the spot. No more stick tricks, I only did 50% of what I've been practicing for so hard.

the ensemble, me and ah yie

My solo was over, I didn't drop my sticks, but I knew that wasn't what I really wanted to show, I had to continue to play. So I continued to play, the pressure within me slightly eased, the show ended. Everything's over, I finally could stop suffering...

Anyway, that's an experience for me, not a good one, not a bad one too. Maybe the time hasn't come, for me to play everything confidently. It doesn't feel good when others don't trust your abilities to do something when you know you can do it. I was glad that God was always there for me, I've been praying so hard for it. Thank you, God =)

A little sharing of my life,
thanks for reading,
and count your blessings =)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Pretty insightful. Thanks!

My blog:
www rachat credit www.rachatdecredit.net
MakePromise said…
Hey Larry,

Don't feel bad about it! And it's not that they doubted your skills, but they just wanted to stay on the safest side. But nevertheless, I am proud of you, proud of what you have come to be! Look up and straight to the path you are walking right now, and let it be one that God walks with you!

Regards,
-Jiayang-
Larry said…
wow thanks jia yang!! hehe nvm la it's over already.. God bless you =)

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

New life..

I'm rewarded..