The tale of the Brunei Trip

Me, and some of the CH band members (Ricky, Allan, Michelle, Natalie, ah Yie, Eric Rawing and Lorex) were invited to perform in MOTH 3 concert in Brunei. We have been practicing regularly, and finally we departed to Brunei on the 1st of December. The actual concert date was on the 4th of Dec, we went there earlier as we have to polish up the music and attend the rehearsals. And we were back on the 5th of Dec.

The pictures below are the evidences of us practicing =P

cut the person at the right =)
*the reason I say cut is that they didn't perform with us after all.
our group's leader, Lick'y da Ricky!
Allan at the left, and sorry have to say that cut the person at the right there too -o-
Jong, we're on Earth!
mmhmm~ cut the 2 person at the left ^^

Here's a little tale of the journey. On the first day, everyone was wearing long pants and shoes, except me, ah Yie and Allan who were being too clever >.<. Everything was alright, until we reached RTB Dewan Raya in Brunei!! That place was "snowing" and we were like pity chicken being froze there. After that in the next rehearsals, we quit from being clever. I always bring my sweatshirt with me, and with my jeans wore, and them, who didn't have sweatshirt, have to wear their performance suit - the coats during the rehearsals LOL. Looked quite funny but what else can they do? There were other performers doing this too =_=. 

And finally.... the big day has come..
Element X! with Sheena and conducted by Amy =]
group photo with the entire performers.. Rocks!! xD
M2 - Mr Martin and me!! hehehehe =P
Our group, the Miri team from the CH Band :D

Of course, we also had some fun times together such as..... EATING SUPPER at Traders Cafe!! hahaha.. The ABC here tastes so good and making you full =P You've gotta try it, it only costs Brunei Dollar $2.00.
yumm yumm~~ look at Eric's hand, he couldn't stand anymore

Oh ya, about my Snare solo performance. I also have been practicing regularly before that...
see?

But in the first and ONLY full rehearsal. I was so nervous, my hands were cold. And I went onto the stage and performed so badly. I slipped off my sticks at a easy part of my solo, it dropped onto my drum head and luckily it didn't dropped onto the floor. I felt so bad after that. 

So that night, I practiced hard in the hotel, until late at 12:15am. Before I sleep, I prayed to God. I asked God to grant me a good and memorable performance, and also that the glory after all belongs to Him. Of course, it's not that when we pray for 'something', then God will give us that 'something'. It's that when we pray for 'something', God gives us the opportunity to get that 'something'. For example, when I prayed for good performance, God gives me the opportunity to perform a good performance IF I PRACTICE HARD for it. I learnt this from a movie though, just sharing to all of you. =)
And on the big day, I've been keeping my hands warm from the beginning of the concert until my performance. Before I step onto my stage, I still prayed to God. That was my last prayer before I perform. And then, I walked onto my stage, with smile =), and bowed. Here it goes!! And God really blessed me. I thanked God after that, my friends praised me after that, Mr. Martin gave me a brilliant smile too =D. That was really a risky solo as it contains a lot of risky tricks like juggling sticks, putting my right hand's sticks on my left shoulder to play and so on. Anyway, it's over! hah xD

I was juggling sticks at that time. I got this picture from the Brunei Newspaper website, because I'm in it on the next day!! was so flattered when Mr. Martin and Samuel told me about it. you all can visit the website here 
http://www.brunei-online.com/sunday/news/dec5h12.htm

It's time to go back to basic again now :O
Aha, finally done writing this post. 
Thanks for reading guys, count your blessings. :D

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice! =)
Larry said…
oh yes! finally someone left a comment in my post =.=.. thanks dude!
FroZeN~ said…
Good one Larry. Also hapi cuz u learned the lesson from the movie! Keep it up, wana see u solo next time o~~ Dun delay le!! xDD
Larry said…
hahaha set up a snare for me then ill play for u :p

Popular posts from this blog

Gifts from YH

New life..

I'm rewarded..